Through this program, our club may develop and implement creative projects that promote a healthy lifestyle; increase awareness, prevention, research, and treatment of disease; target personal development; address the issues of hunger, inadequate housing, and homelessness; and/or prevent or correct financial difficulties
Ideas for community service programs
- Learn the basic facts about gynecologic cancer, including risk factors and screening options.
- Plan programs on women’s heart health. Organize or participate in health fairs and forums.
- Promote healthy self-esteem and self-worth.
- Incorporate fitness activities into your club activities, including walking or yoga.
- Organize financial workshops for women, retirees, single parents, and/or college students.
- Promote correct information through the Center for Disease Control at www.CDC.gov.
- Work with local food banks and homeless shelters providing donations, stock shelves.
- Partner with a local nursing home to enhance the quality of life for the elderly and disabled.
- Learn about heart health and share this information with others.
- Start an exercise group in your club, then initiate a weight loss challenge in your club.
- Organize clothing drives.
- Create a resource list of local women’s clinics & health centers & distribute it at shelters, places of worship, & libraries.
Chairman of Home Life Community Service Programs: Bonnie Vinci
What’s going on . . .
Newborns in Need
Home Life recently hosted the January General meeting with a baby shower for Newborns in Need. A speaker from the organization joined us to share their efforts in helping newborns get basic items such as clothes, blankets and diapers. BSL members brought in new and like-new clothing as shower gits for the organization.
Don’t forget to bring to our next meeting all those aluminum tabs you’ve been saving over the Summer! Help support the Shirners Hospitals for Children.